Camden is dotted with industry and business, often within close proximity to residential neighborhoods. In some sections, concentrated areas of scrap yards, ports, highways, and heavy industrial uses pose an air quality of life concern.
To improve the overall air quality in Camden and the health of its residents through research and upstream level policy making.
Focus Area & Activities
- Minimize environmental impact from businesses and transportation; both mobile and non-mobile emitters
- Truck traffic in Waterfront South neighborhood
1. Identification of most significant sources of emissions
2. Implementation of additional signage directing truckers to truck route, courtesy of Camden County Municipal Utilities Authority (CCMUA)
3. Reviewed heating fuel use in Camden schools (nearly all City schools are using natural gas)
4. Complied list of Best Management Practices (BMPs) for industrial operations
For more information about the Air Working Group